"It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves."

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Starting Weekly Movie Recommendations

Starting today, every week i will be recommending one movie for you all which i think is worth a watch. Though movies are extremely subjective, i will try to be as broad as possible and touch as many genres as time permits.

I suggest try my recommendations for a couple of weeks and then decide for yourself whether my choice of movies matches your taste or not.

I am also including a trailer for your viewing pleasure.

So my first movie recommendation is -


Walk The Line (2005)

Cast - Joaquin Phoenix, Reese Witherspoon

Plot Outline - A chronicle of country music legend Johnny Cash's life, from his early days on an Arkansas cotton farm to his rise to fame with Sun Records in Memphis, where he recorded alongside Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis and Carl Perkins.

Why To Watch - Watch it for Joaquin Phoenix who plays Johnny Cash to the hilt. If you have seen previous movies of Joaquin and liked him, trust me you havent seen anything yet. This is the movie where i think he comes into his own league. All his previous movies, he was among multiple actors and very rarely was in the lead. This movie he leads from the front and very very deservingly so. By far his best performance till date.

Also starring as June Carter and unbelievably convincing is Reese Witherspoon who apparently won an Oscar for her performance in this movie. I think that says it all about why to watch her in this movie.

Watch it and if you liked it let me know. Though, even if you didnt like it you can tell me why not !!!


No comments: